Practical Makes Perfect
Queensland Agricultural Training Colleges (QATC) is part of the fabric of Australian agriculture.
For 50 years, our unique mix of practical training supported by classroom-based learning has helped graduates enjoy rewarding careers in agriculture. Our graduates can be found in the bush or city, in Australia or overseas.
Innovative programs are developed in consultation with industry, ensuring graduates are equipped to handle the challenges modern agriculture presents today and for years into the future. Partnerships with industry mean students benefit from work integrated learning opportunities during their studies.
We offer a variety of courses with boarding options at Emerald Agricultural College.
Through our Access Ag program we provide an alternate pathway for Yr 11 and 12 students to achieve a QCE, agricultural certificates and CQUniversity study credit. Our exciting partnership with CQUniversity provides a hands-on tertiary education, with direct entry options into the Bachelor of Agriculture for QATC Access Ag graduates.
For those wanting to know more about the educational pathways available through QATC, four-day TASTE (The Agricultural Skills and Technology Experience) programs are run at Emerald during some school holidays, giving prospective students the opportunity to experience campus life and a variety of rural activities.
- Boarding Years Offered
- 11 - 12 Co-ed
- School Years Offered
- 11 - 12
- Number of Boarders
- Religious Affiliation
- Not applicable
- Tuition Only
- Full Fee-For-Service (FFS) course prices at QATC range from approximately $4,000 - $15,000 excluding board. Reduced fee rates (co-contribution and concessional) are often available, dependent on student eligibility for Government funding.
- Boarding Only
- Meals and accommodation $370 per week (price current as at 2017)
- Sibling Discount
- None offered
- Indigenous Scholarship Programme
- International Baccalaureate
- CRICOS provider
(Full Fee Paying Overseas Students)
- QATC scholarships are released by September each year.
Open Day Dates
- Come along to a TASTE program to find out about our College.