Students selected for academic and agricultural excellence
As one of the top Government schools in NSW, Hurlstone combines traditional academic studies with the opportunity for students to relate their work to a key primary sector. In doing so, students from communities that are separated geographically are provided with the opportunity to live and learn within a thriving academic community. For 105 years Hurlstone Agricultural High School has provided a vibrant learning environment for boarders. Hurlstone currently houses 155 boarding students from all over NSW. At Hurlstone, students are presented with opportunities to broaden their minds and determine their futures with a distinct and unique curriculum. The life of a boarder is characterised by the development of deep and lasting friendships and great camaraderie. Boarding students learn so much about themselves and others by living in a community of their peers. Boarding students also develop a great love of their school and parents are impressed by the independence, self reliance and self confidence their children develop from boarding.
Places are available in Years 7 - 11 - Selection Process: Year 7 students sit for the Selective Schools entry test during March of Year 6. Applications are available from Primary schools in term 4 of Year 5. Years 8 - 12 entry into Hurlstone Agricultural High is a competitive process. Successful selection into Hurlstone follows this process:
- All students must complete and submit to the school a 'Years 8 to 12 selective high schools application package' with copies of school reports, certificates and other evidence of achievements. The application will be necessary to facilitate the selection procedure.
- Each applicant will complete an entrance examination at the school.
- Prospective successful students and parents attend an interview with a member of the school executive.
- A clear commitment to the study of Agriculture is essential.
- Boarding Years Offered
- 7 - 12 Co-ed
- School Years Offered
- 7 - 12
- Number of Boarders
- Number of Day Students
- Number of Girls
- Number of Boys
- Religious Affiliation
- Indigenous Scholarship Programme
- International Baccalaureate
- CRICOS provider
(Full Fee Paying Overseas Students)