An independent Catholic day and boarding school for boys in Years 7 to 12
St Joseph's College, Hunters Hill, has a long tradition of excellence in boys education.
Founded by the Marist Brothers in 1881, St Joseph's has provided generations of boys with opportunities, encouragement and support to realise their full potential.
St Joseph's College prides itself on offering boys a well-balanced and comprehensive education. Guided by its motto, 'In Meliora Contende - Strive for Better Things', Joeys is committed to bringing out the best in its boys in all aspects of their lives: academically, spiritually, socially and physically.
The College is undoubtedly a family. Around 50 per cent of students are enrolled as boarders and day boys are present well beyond the typical hours of a school day. There is no distinction between boarder and day student enrolment, with all day students having their own space in the dormitories and many taking the opportunity to remain at the College for dinner and supervised study before going home for the evening (all included in the day student fee).
Students at St Joseph's come from wide range of backgrounds and geographic locations, creating a diverse community that is greatly valued by the boys and their families. During their time at the College the students form extremely close and loyal friendships, many of which last a lifetime, as the College's Old Boys will attest.
A rigorous curriculum is complemented by compulsory, supervised evening study, where students are able to access tutor support and College resources. This instils the boys with strong study skills and an excellent work ethic, giving them the opportunity to excel at their studies.
Relaxation time is also an important element at the College, with boarders given the opportunity to go on regular outings, play in the College grounds or spend time in the boarding common areas with television (including Foxtel), music and games.
- Boarding Years Offered
- 7 to 12 Boys
- School Years Offered
- 7 to 12 Boys
- Number of Boarders
- Number of Day Students
- Number of Boys
- Religious Affiliation
- Tuition Only
- $33,360 (inc. morning tea, lunch and dinner, as well as after hours supervised study till 8pm on weeknights)
- Boarding Only
- Sibling Discount
- Yes - 50% concession of boarding and/or tuition fees is available for the third and subsequent sibling students attending at the same time. This does not apply in the event such a student is awarded a bursary or scholarship.
- Indigenous Scholarship Programme
- International Baccalaureate
- CRICOS provider
(Full Fee Paying Overseas Students)
- 2020 Academic Scholarship (Year 7 entry)
- 2020 Music Scholarships (Year 7-10 2018 entry)
- 2020 Indigenous Scholarships
- 2020 English & Maths Academic Scholarships (Yr 9 & 10 entry)
- 2020 SJC Foundation Scholarships & Bursaries
Open Day Dates
- 7.30pm - 9pm
- 7.30pm - 9pm