Tara Anglican School for Girls is a specialist in girls' education.
Boarding offers a unique and contemporary form of schooling. Our boarders are cared for in a family friendly atmosphere where everyone is known and valued. The supportive community provides structure while enabling girls to develop their own independence and life skills ready for university life and beyond.
Boarders are at the heart of the School and contribute fully to its daily life; to study, perform, create and explore. Each girl is individually cared for in our small community and taught to be responsible for themselves and others while being compassionate global citizens.
Eggleton House is a boutique boarding house, which cares for up to 60 boarders from Year 5 to Year 12. There is a balanced mix of girls from Sydney, regional areas and overseas. Senior School, Junior School and Eggleton House facilities are on the one campus, encouraging interaction across the School.
Boarding at Eggleton House offers so much:
- living and studying in a secure and stimulating environment,
- access to all of the School facilities, spacious boarding rooms, recreational areas and vast green leafy grounds
- nutritionally balanced meals prepared by a professional chef,
- a Health Centre and qualified School Nurse on site during weekdays,
- great opportunities for companionship and friendship with the backdrop of a truly global learning experience, and
- enables girls to develop independence and make an easy transition to city living and tertiary study.
Junior School boarders have spacious dormitories, which are carefully designed for privacy. Senior boarders in Years 11 and 12 have individual rooms. The common areas are equipped with televisions, air conditioning, Wi-Fi, exercise equipment, table tennis, games, cooking facilities and lounge areas to unwind from a busy day at school.
Boarders are systematically tracked and monitored with their learning and study routines. Each boarder is encouraged to set goals and understand their own individual learning style in order to make sure they are working to their true potential. Teachers and tutors are available during prep sessions to assist the girls with their homework.
Weekends are planned by our Activities Coordinator and are fully supervised. Activities include visits to the beach, theatre, movies, shopping and so much more. Service learning initiatives for the Boarding House include fundraising for the Vanessa Grant Girls School in East Kenya and a peer mentoring program at Ronald McDonald House, Westmead.
Full time or weekly boarding is available. For more information please contact Tara on 02 9630 6655 or visit tara.nsw.edu.au
- Boarding Years Offered
- 5–12 Girls
- School Years Offered
- Pre K–12
- Number of Boarders
- Number of Day Students
- Religious Affiliation
- Tuition Only
- From $16,916
- Boarding Only
- From $25,675
- Sibling Discount
- 10% for second sister, 20% third and subsequent sister's fees
- Indigenous Scholarship Programme
- International Baccalaureate
- CRICOS provider
(Full Fee Paying Overseas Students)
- Academic and All Rounder Scholarships (Years 5, 7, 9)
- Boarding Scholarship (Years 7 and 9)
- Foundation (Means Tested) Scholarship (Year 7)
- Music Scholarship (Year 7)
Open Day Dates
- Tara Open Day 2019